We are working hard to ensure Crow How is a safe place to stay. The safety of our guests and team is our number one priority, and you can be reassured we have all the correct measures in place to make your visit an enjoyable one. Some of these are listed below:
- We now have a perspex screen at reception.
- Face coverings must be worn in all public areas inside the house.
- Your keys are sanitised and left in your room before you arrive.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrances and throughout the house for guests and staff to use.
- All shared door handles and banisters will be frequently sanitised throughout the day.
- The public areas are all cleaned and disinfected as appropriate daily.
- We have added a few signs around the house to remind everyone about social distancing and using sanitiser.
- Tables in the breakfast room have been moved to enable social distancing.
- Breakfast is now served over two sittings to further reduce the number of people in the breakfast room at any one time.
- We have removed the breakfast buffet for now.
- Your room and bathroom will have been thouroughly cleaned and sanitised before you get there.
- Once you’re checked in, your room is just for you. We won’t be popping in to service the room but this doesn’t mean that we won’t be looking after you. We will deliver extra supplies of tea, coffee, milk, towels etc during our normal daily cleaning times (11am to 1pm) as advised on a notice in your room.
- Most importantly – if you feel ill in the 48 hours before you arrive, you must let us know immediately. We will reschedule your stay for when you are feeling better.
- If you feel ill during your stay with us, you must let us know us immediately.
Whilst our B&B currently falls within the High Alert (Tier 2) of the new government alert system we are still very much open to welcome you.
However, if you are feeling uncertain about the new restrictions and looking to cancel your booking, why not transfer your reservation to an alternative date by calling our team on 015394 32193.